How To Start A Food Bank Your desire to support your local community is what fuels the existence of our food bank network. The Trussell Trust network of food banks collaborates with local churches and community organizations to establish these essential lifelines. These local partners possess an intimate understanding of the unique needs within their communities, and we equip them with the necessary tools, training, and knowledge to launch a food bank.
Origins of the Network
Our journey began in 2000 when the very first food bank in our network took shape in a humble garden shed and garage in Salisbury. Witnessing the increasing demand for emergency food, we embarked on comprehensive research to assess the widespread need for food banks across the UK. The results confirmed that this was a nationwide issue.
In 2004, inspired by the success of Salisbury Foodbank, we established the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network. Since then, we’ve partnered with churches and communities throughout the country, leading to the creation of over 440 food banks.
Read More : How To Hide Bank Account From Child Support
What We Provide
When you decide to become part of the Trussell Trust Foodbank Network, we offer you a range of valuable resources, including:
- Comprehensive training.
- An operating manual.
- Ongoing support from our national staff team and an Area Manager.
- A template website customized for your food bank, complete with a content management system.
- Branded artwork, encompassing materials like leaflets and banners.
- Access to an online forum.
- A Data Collection System.
- Annual audits and quality assurance procedures.
- Establishment of corporate relationships, including discounts and services (many Trussell Trust food banks can conduct supermarket collections in local Tesco stores and receive financial top-ups on donations).
- Participation in national and regional conferences.
Read More : How Do I Schedule An Appointment With Chase Bank
In the past year, we extended £1.3 million in funding to food banks within the Trussell Trust network through our national partnerships and financial grants.
Your commitment to establishing a food bank is a critical step towards addressing food insecurity in your local area. We look forward to providing you with the support and resources you need to make a meaningful difference in your community. Together, we can work towards a hunger-free future.